Friday, October 10, 2014

SPINNING!

Will any word that rhymes with '…inning' ever stop Charlie Sheen from haunting my memories of his years past misbehaviors? I'm using my artistic license here 'cause I think the word was actually 'Winner!' Then again, perhaps I should rename this post 'Spinners!' as this week, so far, has been a celebration of Needle Arts, hosted by TNNA, "SPINZILLA". Pony up $10 for the cause, join a team or go rogue and you too can see how much fiber you can spin in the course of seven days. I joined a team and am so delighted with my new friends and teammates. The Cause is to promote a mentoring program for kids concerning  fiber arts, in particular, spinning…It goes viral from there as you can imagine.
Here is my progress report so far: I have spun approximately 2,300 yards of yarn and I have a photo proof to boot.
These are luscious. I want to make something with ALL of them but I think I shoud sell them and let someone else enjoy. I kept thinking, ' Oooh, now this would look great in the Superfluity Mobius by Lynne Vogel' or, 'this will knit up nicely into fingerless gloves' and then there's, 'Forest Purse! That's what this is for!'. A girl can dream.
There was some knitting interspersed through my week at home, too. I'll post those items L.A.T.E.R.
But to wind this up, I hope everyone has a terrific Friday. I toasted my new Spinzilla group, Knotty Ladies, especially one we're all pulling for who's Mum was recently injured (she's our teammate in Ireland so 'Mum'), with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment