Saturday, April 23, 2016

One Of My Favorite Projects To Make - The Lionberry Scarf

The Lionberry Scarf by Narniel of Endor

This project keeps my interest due to the changes in the texture and the knitted patterns that formed as my knitting progressed. I learned several new knit designs and I especially love the sort of circles that formed in one of the patterns. 

My Lionberry scarf is made with a very special skein of yarn that my daughter obediently picked up for me while she was in London. It is a beautifully hand dyed merino /cashmere blend from Eden Cottage Yarns. Victoria has one of THE best color palettes...I chose the steel grey because it easily coordinates with the majority of my wardrobe. 

This past year I have experimented knitting with sock weight yarns. Lionberry Scarf is one of the projects; I loved making and I love wearing it. I want to make another and probably I’ll want to make another still. 

I thought about other colors that would capture the patterns in this scarf; the color choices need to be kept light, I think, in order to preserve the visual texture. On hand, I had fibers in several shades of aquas and turquoises and greens and, just a bit of sparkly stuff. These got blended together with my hackles and finally became a handspun sock weight yarn. 
Aqua Gold


While these cool shades were being spun I thought about developing a colorway for the warm side of the spectrum. Rose gold is one of this year's ‘colors’ and I am smitten by it. There’s a little sparkly bit is this color too! Rose Gold



                   
                     






No comments:

Post a Comment